Wednesday, February 25, 2015

January & February 2015

I started a new herbal protocol on January 3rd. It has been not the greatest of months for me. However, I did want to blog while I still remember most of it.

Rebecca is a REALLY smart little girl. We were at Costco, and she said, "MOM! Look at these steps!" She then ran over to the toilet paper and noticed that they looked just like...steps. I had to draw the line at climbing them however. 


Thomas is not known for his adventures in eating. In fact there are a few nights that I change what to have for dinner because I don't want to deal with a fight from him. On this particular night he had to eat something and threw a huge stink. He dad caught it all on video, and I snapped this little boys expressions. We just ask that he try it. That is all. 
 Much better pictures of Thomas! Here is his first day of Cub Scouts! He was so excited. However, their first den meeting they rode bikes. Something he refuses to do as well. Still, he really enjoys it.
 Rebecca is already telling me how excited she is to go to Cub Scouts too.
 I found this jacket at Target on clearance! It matched her personality it was hard to pass up.
 Jonathan was running in PE and fell scrapping his knees really bad. I ended up bringing him home from school. They were really bad, but he is doing much better now.

This little girl is still trying to give up her naps. Apparently she really needs them still. :-)
 She LOVES guacamole with everything. I'm so grateful that she loves her veggies! So do her brothers when they bargain with her to eat their salad contents.
 Taylor had another Battle of the Books! One more to go for the year.
 This is a hat that Tammy gave to Rebecca. (Tammy is our nutritionist that loves our kids.) Thomas told Rebecca it was a sleeping hat. She wears it at night to help her sleep. It is very cute.
 I was able to go with Rebecca and her pre-school to see a puppet show of Cinderella. It was done really well. Rebecca loved it. I was amazed they only had 2 people doing all the puppets. They had their work cut out for them.
 Rebecca did not want her picture taken with Cinderella. Still not sure why. After we went across the street to a park and had a snack. It was windy and cold!
 Thomas and I went to his first pack meeting. Thomas earned the biking belt loop, which we are still not sure how he got it...
 Jonathan went far this year with NAL (National Academic League). They lost just a few games this year and lost in the semi-finals. He will be competing in the History Bee in March at ASU.
 Pictures for Grandma while she was in Colorado. Each Sunday after we do her hair she will look for Grandma to show her. Since Grandma was away so many weeks we decided to take some pictures. 
 These two love to tease each other. They are fighting over something little.
 One of the biggest things I dealt with for 5 weeks was nausea. I could not eat ANYTHING. It was as bad as when I was expecting my children. Rebecca made me soup everyday to help me feel better. It was filled with everything mom loves and can't eat.
 We had a few really cold days, but one Sunday morning we woke up to FOG! That is rare around here. Within an hour it was gone. If we did not have church at 8:30, we would have missed it.
 Thomas did decide he liked my Mexican Chili. He ate 3 bowls of it! We took a picture because no one would believe us. 
 Guess who got sick...
 I made 11 freezer meals one Saturday with Jonathan. They have really been a life saver. The trick is finding meals my kids actually like. (Or at least most of them like.)
 If Rebecca is still sleeping when daddy leaves for work, we will take a picture for him and send it to him.
 Someone was very excited to see that her playhouse and swingset were back in stock at Costco.
 Mom came to Rebecca's Valentine's Day party.
 Look at all her Valentine's! I think 90% of her candy was eaten before her brothers got home that day.
 Jonathan participated in his school's talent show. There were 18 acts and it lasted almost 2 hours. Jonathan did a great job!
 This is Rebecca's caterpillar that she made at her Valentine's Day party.
 Valentine's weekend, John had a J Reuben Clark conference that his chapter here was hosting. They spent a long time getting ready for it and John was brought in last minute to help. That meant he was away a lot. We spent most of Valentine's Day without him around, and he was exhausted once it was over. It should not be here for another 5 years.

I decided to go to the park with this group of Valentine's!
 Thomas has a fear of heights. He did a great job climbing the ropes and went up as high as his brothers. I am very proud of him!
 We got Chick-fil-A ice cream as a treat too. I'm going for mom of the year award.
 Dad did bring home dinner at least. They had a bunch of left over lunches from the conference. The boys LOVED the box lunches and wanted to know when they could get another one.
 So the good news is, Rebecca is just about potty trained. The bad news is, she is also in the changing clothes phase. She wears at least 4 outfits and 2 pairs of pajamas each day now.
 Jonathan & Taylor played in a big orchestra concert at the high school. It was a packed house!
 Rebecca's Jedi look.
 Last Thursday was Blue & Gold. It was a pirate theme. Guess who was excited to be there?
 Our children "sunbathing", relaxing on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
 Monday John got 2 tickets to that night's Sun's game. It was Thomas' turn, so they went and had a great time. It was Star Wars night too! Perfect night for Thomas!
 I forgot to mention they were in a Skybox and it was fully catered. This boy was spoiled with his first game.

3 comments:

gingerbreadgram said...

What a fun and interesting two months for your family! I enjoyed seeing all the pictures you posted. Wonderful memories!

Jen said...

Loved all the pictures! Hope you start to feel better!

Sarah said...

Thanks Jen. I am starting to feel better gradually. It is a 9 month protocol, but there is a high success rate that it put's Lyme into remission.